IslandImagined Maps Collection

Pages

Lot 34
Lot 34
Part of Lot 34 (No.7). North side of Hillsborough River., Map shows a southern portion of Lot 34 on the north side of the Hillsborough River. Some land on the south side of the River is visible. Land is divided into some parcels, some of which contain names and acre amounts handwritten in ink or pencil. Roads are shown including two roads to Tracadie. Hachure marks in the upper right quadrant are not labelled. There is brownish shading to indicate some marsh areas. Line scale in chains., Back of map: part of Lot 34 No. 7 north side of Hillsborough River, R. Callbeck, [John McCallum], William Townshend, William Craig, Daniel Wall, Hon. P. Stewart
Lot 37 - No. 12
Lot 37 - No. 12
Plan of part of Lot 37 (No. 12). The Pisquid or Hill River area. Outline. The map shows the area where the Pisquid (or Hill) River joins the Hillsborough River in Lot 37. It gives the names of some residents and shows the locations of buildings and creeks. Shows the property of Col. Spry and Mr. Barker. The burying ground on the south side of the Hillsborough River is labelled. The map shows the river channels with wavy lines and also gives some soundings where the Pisquid River enters the Hillsborough. , The map shows the area where the Pisquid (or Hill) River joins the Hillsborough River in Lot 37. It gives the names of some residents and shows the locations of buildings and creeks. The burying ground on the south side of the Hillsborough River is labelled. The map shows the river channels with wavy lines and also gives some soundings., The back of the map has been scanned. It gives a detailed written description of the boundary between Lots 37 and 38.
Lot 37 - No. 7
Lot 37 - No. 7
Plan of part of Lot 37 (No. 7). Area south of the Hillsborough River. The maps shows a small area on the south side of the Hillsborough River in Lot 37 adjacent to the boundary with Lot 38. It shows three numbered parcels of land with the names of two of the residents--Donald McDonald and Donald Grant--and the acreage amounts for each parcel. The map shows the locations of some buildings. Other labelled features include a ferry, spring, graveyard and a well. North arrow. Appears to be a portion of a larger plan., The maps shows a small area on the south side of the Hillsborough River in Lot 37 adjacent to the boundary with Lot 38. It shows three numbered parcels of land with the names of two of the residents--Donald McDonald and Donald Grant--and the acreage amounts for each parcel. The map shows the locations of some buildings. Other labelled features include a ferry, spring, graveyard and a well. North arrow. The piece appears to be a portion of a larger plan., The back of the map contains mathematical calculations., Ronald McDonald Donald Grant
Lot 38
Lot 38
Plan of Lot 38 showing the extent of land in possession of the Government...(?) , The map shows numbered land parcels with the names of owners or occupants and their corresponding numbers of acres handwritten in ink. Three parcels are outlined in colour. Roads are shown. Savage Harbour and the upper Hillsborough River are shown. Roughly drawn compass arrows., Back of map: Lot 38 Old Plan by Jos. Ball Surv. Genl.
Lot 39
Lot 39
Plan of Lot 39 (No.104). Worrell Estate. Plan copied by Owen Curtis, 1876. , The map shows numbered parcels of land with the names of owners or occupants and their corresponding numbers of acres handwritten in black or red ink. Other numerical figures appear on the parcels in red ink. Roads are shown in orange/yellow. The P.E.I. Railway is drawn as a red line. Bodies of water, which include the Morrell River, St. Peter's Bay, Stukely Lake and the Gulf of St. Lawrence, are coloured in blue. Sand areas are coloured light brown. Compass rose with north arrow. Upper right corner contains memo written in pencil regarding release [re-lease?] of Lots 39 and 40 in March 1814. , Back of map: [Lot] 39 No. 104 Worrell Estate
Lot 40
Lot 40
Plan of Lot 40 (No.109). Worrell Estate. , The map shows parcels of land with the names of owners or occupants and their corresponding numbers of acres handwritten in black or red ink. Other numerical figures appear on the parcels in red ink. Roads are shown in orange/yellow. Bodies of water, which include the Morrell River, Marie River (now Midgell River?) and St. Peter's Bay, are coloured in blue. Compass rose with north arrow. Left side contains memo written in pencil regarding release [re-lease?] of Lots 39 and 40 in March 1814., Back of map: Lot 40 No. 109
Lot 41
Lot 41
Plan of Lot 41 (No.111). Showing residents. Surveyed by Joseph Ball. Plan copied by Owen Curtis. , The map shows parcels of land with the names of owners or occupants and their corresponding numbers of acres handwritten in black or red ink. Other numerical figures appear on the parcels in red ink. Roads are shown in orange/yellow. Bodies of water, which include the Midgell River, Bay River and St. Peter's Bay, are coloured or outlined in blue. The railway is shown as a red line with St. Peter's Station and Five Houses Station labelled. Compass rose with north arrow., Back of map: [Lot] 41 No. 111
Lot 43
Lot 43
Plan of Lot 43 (No.1), showing Bay Fortune, Rollo Bay and North Shore areas., The map shows Lot 43 drawn in ink. The middle section of the lot is blank. The south and north ends (coastal areas) show the land divided into parcels with names of owners or occupants handwritten in ink or pencil. Roads are shown with dashed lines. Buildings are represented by squares. Shading, stippling and markings are used to represent sand bars, shore areas and shore banks. Two details or sketches of coast are shown in the lower right part of the map. Bodies of water include Eglington Cove, Fortune Bay, Rollo Bay and Naufrage Pond. Bar scale in chains., Back of map: Lot 43 No. 1 Bay Fortune, Mr John Gates William Anderson John Patience Alexander Dingwell James Aitken
Lot 43
Lot 43
Plan of part of Lot 43 (No.117). Townshend Estate. , The map shows part of the western portion of Lot 43 divided into parcels of land, some of which have been lightly tinted pink. Names of owners or occupants with their corresponding acreage amounts are handwritten in ink or pencil on the parcels. Roads are shown., Back of map: [Lot] 43 No. 117 Townshend Estate
Lot 43
Lot 43
Plan of that part of Lot 43 containing 3467 acres purchased by the Government., The map shows the southern part of Lot 43 divided into three portions. Division No. 1 is further broken down into parcels of land with names of owners or occupants and their corresponding acreage amounts handwritten in ink. According to the map title, parcels shaded green were purchased by the government. The map shows Rev. George Townshend owning or occupying Division No. 2 and T. H. Haviland owning or occupying Division No. 3. Roads are shown. Bodies of water, which include Eglington Cove, Fortune Bay and Rollo Bay, are coloured blue., Back of map: William Henry Pope and others __ the Commissioner[?] of Public Lands. This is the exhibit produced marked G in the examination of Joseph Ball in this cause. 15th December 1871 [Signature] Examiner, Ronald B. McDonald, John Kelly, Patrick Kelly, John McKenna, H.W. Bonaventure Gallant, John McPherson, Theophilus Gallant, Jacob Barker, Donald Munro, John McKinnon, Charles McCormack, Laurence Peters, William Peters, Archibald Campbell, Charles Deagle, Domonick Shason, John Peters, Charles Shason, William R. Burk, John Knight, Edward Burke, William Burke, Michael Lavin, James Burke, Alexander McKie, Charles Warren Townshend, John Townshend, Joseph Webster, Daniel McRae, John McKinnon, James McRae, James McRae, James Fisher, Widow Deagle, Charles Meade, John Shason, Ronald McDonald, [Placide Shason], Fedille Deagle, David Shason, Robert Shason, Robert LeBlanch, John Aitken, Water Burke, John Henderson, Alexander Dingwell, George Simons, William Simons, Elisha Simons, Nicholas Falla, James Davidson, Erasmus Davidson, James Aitken, William Coffin, James Coffin, Joseph Coffin
Lot 44
Lot 44
Plan of Lot 44. Old plan referred to in deed from Sir Ed. Cunard and others to the Commissioner for Public Lands, dated 13 July, 1866. , The map shows Lot 44 divided into parcels of land with names of owners or occupants with their corresponding acreage amounts handwritten in ink or pencil. Some parcels or sections are coloured or outlined in pink; others are coloured green. A handwritten note on the bottom left corner, partly obscurred, explains the pink shading. Bodies of water, which include the Gulf of St. Lawrence and Colville River, are coloured blue. Roads are shown. Part of a compass rose with magnetic north arrows remains, but most of it has been lost from the map., Back of map - One one end: Plan referred to in deed to the Commissioner of Public Lands July 1866. On other end: Old plan referred to in deed from Sir Edd. Cunard & others to the Commissioner of Public Lands dated 13th July 1866
Lot 45
Lot 45
Plan of the northern part of Lot 45 (No.123), showing the names of some residents. , The map of a northern portion of Lot 45 shows parcels of land--sometimes numbered--with names of owners or occupants and their corresponding acreage amounts handwritten in ink or pencil. Some parcels do not have names attached. Some parcels are tinted pink, others blue. Roads are coloured orange. Bodies of water--Big Pond and the Gulf of St. Lawrence--are coloured blue. Compass rose with north and magnetic north arrows., Back of map: [Lot] 45 No. 123, Not in use

Pages